Don't Lay a Finger on My Skull

I had this buy one get one free coupon for Butterfinger Cups Skull candy but was unable to find it until yesterday. My local Kroger had them and they were on sale, too. In terms of allergens, this 1.2 oz treat has milk, soy, and peanuts (obviously chocolate, too). Nutritional, it is candy, so okay as a special treat not for an everyday snack because it comes in at 190 calories and since it is from a big candy company (Nestle) it also has a lot of ingredients that might not appeal to some folks. But I know a lot of you love candy so I thought I'd try it out and share the results with you.


The skull is pretty big measuring 2.5 X 1.5 X 0.75 inches. The details are intriguing -- crack in head, hollow eyes and nose, little teeth but I think it also is  a touch flattened around the mouth. It has a strong Butterfinger scent -- peanut, sweet syrup, just a hint of milk chocolate. Surprisingly it does not crunch when I take a bite but chewing it is a bit loud. Inside is much what you'd expect from a Butterfinger cup. It very much a Butterfinger bar with a light milk chocolate flavor so if you don't like Butterfingers or at the very least average toffee, this isn't a treat for you. For a freebie is good and it could make a nice treat for special trick o'treaters who come to the door or your own kids or grandkids. If you find it on sale and/or use a coupon, it also isn't very expensive. Mine was 50¢.

Have you tried these out? What did you think about them?

Comments