Give Magnum the Raspberry!

Once more the nice from from Unilever contacted me to see if I'd help them let you all know about new flavors of their many frozen treat brands. Today we're going to start with MAGNUM, a brand you may have heard of and may have tried. If you haven't, you need to because they are amazing. Their two new flavors this year are Double Chocolate Vanilla and Double Raspberry. I didn't find the first one in my nearest local grocery shops but I could find the second. I'm not a raspberry fan but my husband is so we got this box for him to try out. The review below is his words so they are italicized. Unilever sent me a coupon for a Free box so we could test and write an honest review of their product; no other form of compensation was received for this feature article.

As with most Magnum bars, this one has two layers of chocolate enrobing over its ice cream, which in this case is raspberry ice cream.  Between the two chocolate layers, there is a thin but intense layer of a sticky raspberry sauce, the second source of flavor that gives this treat its "Double Raspberry" name. The main flavor I'm tasting with each bite is of course raspberry, but as the chocolate warms in my mouth the flavor melts from fruit to chocolate. As a fan of both raspberry and chocolate, I find this the best of both worlds. I tend to dislike raspberry concoctions that leave the seeds in, and this bar has no seeds.








It reads like the MAGNUM Double Raspberry is an excellent addition to the MAGNUM line, doesn't it? It earns Sacrament Status from our tester for the strong chocolate flavors and good balance as well as appropriate ingredients for a product of this type. Do you like raspberry? Do you like MAGNUM? Leave a comment and tell us and Unilever what you think of this addition to their flavor line up.


Comments

Emilie said…
I can't wait to try this! I love chocolate and raspberry together and you made it sound so good!
Thank you for commenting, Emilie! We love comments. And I agree that his description was good. He followed the procedures we use but the words are all his own.
mavido79 said…
I haven't been too impressed with the Magnum bars in the past. But I do love chocolate and raspberry together so I'll have to try this one.
Now that is an interesting comment, mavido79, because I don't think I"ve met someone or read a similar comment about MAGNUM. What has not impressed you in the past?