Wine To-Go with Your Chocolate

I turned over these two Vino Mio Foldable Wine Bottles over to one of the Acolytes that helps me with wine testing here on The Chocolate Cult. I was going to give it to another Acolyte but with the busyness of the holiday season we missed each other; likely I have four people to help me with wine related products and he was able to step in. While he didn't test directly with chocolate, this is the sort of product we could see being used for picnics, hiking, even just very casual get togethers; all events that might involve chocolate. I was this product from Cassani through the Tomoson program; no other form of compensation was received for this testing and review. Here is what our tester found after pouring wine into the bottles and letting them set for his work day.

Vino Mio is a portable wine "bottle" designed to save space and eliminate the risk of breaking a bottle during travel.  The idea is to pour your favorite wine into the bag for easy transportation and when you finish you roll it up and take it back with you.  The bag is made of BPA free plastic and has a screw on cap. It was easy to fill without a funnel and once filled stands up on its own.  After several hours the flavor of the wine is unchanged and is easy to pour from.  The plastic is fairly thick and has wide seems to prevent breakage, and while I did no extreme torture test, the Vino Mio did not leak or spill when dropped with the cap tightly closed. I can imagine this would be a great product for those that enjoy picnics, camping, and other outdoor activities where glass bottles would be a hassle.  I tried it with a red wine but I think the Vino Mio would really shine with white wines as the flexible material would fit nicely in even a crowded cooler.  

Clean up was pretty easy although there is no cleaning instructions that come with it, I simply filled it with warm water and sloshed it around a few times and rinsed the cap thoroughly.  I'm unsure that I would use this often as I don't drink in the great outdoors much, but if I was a regular camper I would much rather have a few of these with me than glass bottles that I would need to dispose of after. When I used to camp the clean up was the most annoying part of the weekend, traveling back home with a large bag of trash in the back seat is smelly and sometimes messy so anything that eliminates some of that is very helpful.  I would recommend this product to anyone that finds themselves in need of a drink in places you want to leave only footprints.    

That's our Acolyte's view of the Vino Mio Foldable Wine Bottles. Have you tried them? What did you think of them? Could you see yourself using such a product in the future? Leave comments and let us know.

Comments