Get Your Askinosie Peanut Butter Bars Soon!

Askinosie is a brand we've been honored to test and feature here several times. Right now, before May, you can get their 60% Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bar. Why before May? Well, the peanut butter makes this a higher fat content bar so it will not do as well in warmer temperatures so the company simply will not sell them starting in May until October we've been recently informed. Like all Askinosie chocolate and cocoa, the company deals directly with farmers and you learn about the farmers who supplied the beans for the product on the label. In this case, the cocoa beans are from Tanzania and specially the lead farmer, Mama Rahabu. Lets see what sort of treat she helped grow for us.

The bars measure 6.5 X 3 X 1/8th inches and there are two servings in each bar. As you can see it has the normal Askinosie Chocolate lettering on the sections. Once the clear plastic sleeve was open I got a light hight of cocoa and roasted peanuts but it wasn't as strong I thought it might be given that the ingredients are only cocoa beans, organic cane sugar, peanut butter, and cocoa butter. The bar breaks in half very easily with a soft pop. As I bring my half into sections I don't see any pieces of peanut butter along the edges, just very dark brown chocolate but each break releases a bit more cocoa and peanut fragrance but the roasted peanut seems stronger now. Biting a piece makes little sound and the bar is soft and a bit flexible almost in texture, not chewy. The first flavor is a bit of chocolate followed by roasted peanuts but really the flavor is a very intense sweetness that I was not expecting at all. I'm going to let my mouth rest then see if letting a piece melt on my tongue changes the flavor. I put an entire section on my tongue and start watching the clock as I wait for it to melt which it does very slowly coating my tongue with very thick, slick chocolateyness; it takes a good two minutes to fully melt. The first flavor is a dark cocoa with an edge of roasted peanut; the sweetness is very distant at first but builds up with each passing 10 seconds but the sweetness never overwhelms the chocolate and peanut butter. This is best enjoyed by allowing it to melt I think.

This is another Sacrament worthy chocolate creations from Askinosie. If this bar sounds good to you, don't wait to go and order the 60% Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bar or go look for them in your local shops because starting in May you won't be able to find them for at least five months.

Comments