May Your Month be Filled with Chocolate 2014

The title says "month" not "mouth" though you are welcomed to use any of these holidays and fun food dates to celebrate by putting our Sacred Substance into your mouth just remember: Moderation and Purposefulness!

May = National Chocolate Custard Month; National Mental Health Month; National Egg Month

May 1 = National Chocolate Parfait Day -- I made chocolate parfaits last year to try out a pudding recipe book, remember?  If not you can find it here.

May 2 = National Truffle Day

May 5 = National Chocolate Custard Day; Cinco de Mayo

May 11 = National Eat What You Want Day

May 12 = National Nutty Fudge Day -- I love fudge with nuts especially walnuts but sadly with my husband's allergies I can't make this so I may have to find a small piece somewhere to just celebrate on my own.  If you think your nutty fudge can make the cut, let me know in a comment below but please no links to your company or I'll need to delete the comment.  If your nutty fudge wants a feature, send me an email.

May 14 = World Fair Trade Day; National Buttermilk Biscuit Day; we had a cocoa buttermilk recipe a while back that you can find here

May 15 = National Chocolate Chip Day; also the birthday of Coenraad Johannes van Houten (1801) who treated cocoa mass with alkaline salts to reduce the bitter flavor, a process still called “Dutch” to this day; his father created the cocoa press

May 19 = National Devil’s Food Cake Day

May 24, 1836 = birthday of Joseph Rowntree, Chocolatier and Philanthropist

May 29 = National Biscuit Day

Comments

Cerise said…
My new favorite month!
It is a good month, Cerise. I'm trying to find something "May Day" like for a recipe with chocolate but no luck yet.
Derek said…
Mmmm, chocolate! Great pictures!
Figured I needed to add a few photos to an otherwise plain post, Derek. Thanks for commenting.
elizabeth said…
Those parfaits look delicious!
I hope you checked out the post they were from, Elizabeth.