National Peppermint Patty Day

Peppermint patties... those are nice, even the one family member who doesn't like chocolate very much loves peppermint patties.  They are almost always dark chocolate, aren't they, Sisters and Brothers?  As you can see though, a patty shape isn't the only one that can combine peppermint and dark chocolate.  So as a "we won't limited here on The Chocolate Cult" shout out today, we're going to review the Ritter Sport Dark Chocolate with Peppermint bar.

One of the things I like about the Ritter bars are that you can break them up before unwrapping them.  They are all 3.5oz and have 16 squares in them that you can feel even through said covering.  As you can see I broke it up a bit here.  I got this bar with a gift certification to a local mart that has an excellent chocolate selection in it, much of it from other countries; Ritter Sport is a product from Germany.

The dark chocolate has a nice bitter edge to it and the peppermint inside is soft and gives that cooling burst when I bite.  I do do bite into each square so I get the maximum flavors and make it last longer.  As you can see above this soft peppermint center really fills out the squares so that even if you break fairly carefully as I did, it might try to escape.  Each bar has three servings so this isn't the most healthy snack or treat in terms of saturated fat and sugars but it has no sodium and no cholesterol.  While it may be February when this posts, I find treats like this are most welcomed in the warmest months of the year because they do create that cooling sensation even if peppermint is more associated with holidays such as Christmas.  When do you like your dark chocolate and peppermint, Sisters and Brothers?

Comments

Angie's Recipes said…
I like Ritter Sport..I usually buy a small box with all the different flavours.
Oh, I've never seen a box with different Ritter flavors before. We generally have a limited selection in most stores with the more international stores in my area having perhaps a half dozen more.

Thank you for reading and commenting.