National Chocolate with Almonds Day

Yesterday was a fun food holiday.  Today and tomorrow are both fun food holidays.

Tomorrow, July 9, is National Sugar Cookie Day.  You can make chocolate sugar cookies and you can decorate sugar cookies with chocolate but tomorrow is also our "Saturday Sacrament" and sadly no sugar cookies to reveal.  Instead we'll be looking at five of the possible ice cream novelties you could win if you go back and enter this month's GIVEAWAY.

Today, July 8, is "National Chocolate with Almonds Day" which sounds like either a "holiday" created by candy bar companies or by the almond industry.   I did research and I can't determine when this started or who created it. There is a very similar day focused on bittersweet chocolate and almonds later in the year.  Mentions of this fun food holiday go back at least four years on various websites but I couldn't trace it further.  Since none of those sites claimed to be creating it, I'm wondering if some newspaper or magazine somewhere declared it -- that has happened with other fun food holidays.

Almonds are not my favorite nut.  They aren't my least favorite either.  Their combination with chocolate is very, very common, almost too common given how many products we've featured in our Sacraments.  Almost any nut can be paired with chocolate though some are better than others in your Chocolate Priestess's opinion.

Do you like almonds with chocolate?

Comments

Amber Treat said…
I love Chocolate and Chocolate with almonds was just so so until I had these great Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Dusted Almonds from Dove Chocolate Discoveries! http://www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com/sites/amber/productcatalog/product-group?productGroupId=2&showCrumbs=true Yes I do sell dove but I will tell you when I don't really like something! It's not in my nature to do otherwise...
We've reviewed one Dove Chocolatier's offerings in the past as well as a Dove party -- check through our posts, Amber, to find them.
Nava K said…
Almonds are my fav too but chocolate is like once a while for me.
That's sad, Nava. Chocolate can be a healthy everything part of your life if you pay attention to the type, quality and how much you eat.