Tollhouse Cafe Visit is Yummy


In my state capital, where I do not live so I don't visit that all, Sisters and Brothers, there is the Circle Centre Mall, which I was less impressed with than I was hoping.  Four small stories isn't so impressive after all.  But I did find a new place I've never seen before: A Nestle Tollhouse Cafe.  It is right next to a Häagen-Dazs cafe run by the same manager who along with his assistant were very helpful to me if a bit perplexed that the Chocolate Priestess wanted to know what their most chocolaty treat was.


They suggested this, the Brownie Button, so the person I as in the mall with, the White Chocolate Acolyte, bought me one.  It is a large brownie with frosting and a small Tollhouse cookie.  If you are familar with the baking chips, you know that Tollhouse has a recipe for their cookies and this gives it a distinctive taste.

The brownie is chewy with the right level of moisture and firmness.  The frosting melted on my fingers and in my mouth.  Along with the added light crunch of the cookie and it's own flavors, this was a very enjoyable treat that was warm as though it has recently come out of the oven.  Overall after three bites I was building up a dual cocoa and sugar rush that gave me a kick of energy to go walking around the mall for the next 90 minutes looking for anything interesting.

I'll talk next week about what else I found in the Circle Centre Mall in Indianapolis in terms of chocolate.  For now, Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments

mavido79 said…
Next time you're here in the capital city, you should visit the Chocolate Cafe. It's just a block away from the mall and a very nice place to visit. A few weeks before C'mas, Mate and I go downtown to see all the holiday displays and then end the evening at the Cafe with a cup of cocoa. Yum!