Saturday Sacrament, August 22, 2009

This is the second offering from Intentional Chocolate that arrived at The Chocolate Cult for your Chocolate Priestess to reveal to you all, Sisters and Brothers. These “Fine Dark Chocolate Pistoles with Intention” came in a 3-ounce paper bag wrapped in a very eco-conscious fashion. They have two ingredients: chocolate made with five products and the meditations of the folks from the company. Since I already discussed this company not long ago back on July 18, 2009, I won’t go into their details again.

These simple, 68% cocoa discs measure 7/8 of an inch in diameter, and I think they resemble a sort of communion wafer that may be very appropriate for us here. The bag contains three servings with 7 grams of saturated fat, 9 g sugars, 1 g protein, and 2% of the iron that is recommended daily. That is all it contains.

They are cool and smooth to the touch with a wonderful dark cocoa fragrance. The flavor is pure dark chocolate, and if it you let it melt in your mouth it increases the rush of sensations from your tongue into your mind.

Given their shape, I immediately imagine myself surrounded by you, Sisters and Brothers, all your senses attuned to the moment as I place one disc on each of your tongues. I can picture you all holding it there and allowing it to dissolve, and with it your troubles and concerns for just a few moments as you open yourselves up to the Divine. Because of this, I have to say that at this point, I have found the perfect Sacrament for any meetings of followers of The Chocolate Cult, and it is this.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments