Brownie from Bloomingfoods

Yesterday your Chocolate Priestess stopped by her local food co-op of which she has been a member for almost 12 years. I did not have a very good eating yesterday, yes, even I falter in the path every now and them, but this time it was more because I became so busy that I forgot to eat lunch. By the time I went with a friend, we were both hungry.

I waited in the bakery at Bloomingfoods while his sandwich was made and I started looking at their single serving homemade dessert offerings. I looked at everything chocolate, considered the ingredients, the size, the price and after all of that, I choose a 0.24lb "Decadent Pecan Brownie" for $2.16. No artificial ingredients but no nutritional label on the package either so I had to guess that it might be as many calories as I could have for a normal lunch. I am not saying, Sisters and Brothers, that this was the best choice, I am encouraging you to substitute a brownie for a meal, but I must lead you honestly so I hope you can learn from me.

The brownie itself was about 2.5X1.5in and had a light grayish chocolate color with at least ten full sized half pieces of pecans. The cocoa scent was clearly there as was the nut when I brought it to my lips. It was not too moist and not brittle or crumbly at all, it tasted almost perfect. Since I ate it slowly with only water, it satisfied any craving I was feeling for calories or chocolate. It was a good choice but next time I'll limit myself to Saturday when I indulge myself.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the Midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST.

Comments