Bucceto's Chocolate Fondant

Yesterday your Chocolate Priestess celebrated her wedding anniversary by going out for lunch and dinner. Today I'm going to review the chocolate I had at Bucceto's and tomorrow I'll look at what another restaurant offered in the chocolate category.

The "Chocolate Fondant" is a large piece of cake, easily enough for two people, with three cake layers and three frosting layers. The outer side also had shaved pieces of chocolate on it as the decoration. The cake layers were moist and milk chocolate with a slightly sour edge in taste suggesting a butter milk flavoring but clearly had a high enough cocoa content to create a minor buzz as I ate my half. The frosting layer was smooth but a bit fatty tasting, I'm pretty sure that was were the bulk of the calories lay.

The combination of the cake and frosting was pleasing to me and the Milk Chocolate Acolyte merely smacked his lips with a smile when I asked his impressions. For it's size and price of $3.95 it was a very good dessert choice after two huge calzones.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST.


Comments