Best Chocolate Chip Cookies?

Your Chocolate Priestess should perhaps not be too surprised but I was when I saw this article about Consumer Reports judging chocolate chip cookies.

In the new issue of Consumer Reports they used three criteria to judge cookies. "A top rated cookie is well-blended, flavorful, and has a good chip-to-cookie ratio." I note that how the chocolate itself affected the eater was not a factor which, as you know, Sisters and Brothers, is always a factor for us here.

They tested 13 packaged cookies that most of us could buy in a grocery store near us I'm sure. Their review of organic cookies sadly matches my own thoughts: too often these are bland and dry. What we need are cookies that are organic and fair trade without sacrificing taste. So far I've been hard pressed to find that with cookies though we have found that with candies.

If you want to do the taste test yourself, this article I've linked above lists them. Just please remember our ideal below and try to model your consumption on what I demonstrate on the "Saturday Sacraments" so that you can repeat their testing in a healthy and spiritually aware fashion.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments