Free Ice Cream Day -- April 21, 2009

For some time, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream has offered "free ice cream" in their stores one day a year. This year it is Tuesday, April 21, 2009.

Sadly, Sisters and Brothers, in the town here your Chocolate Priestess lives there is no such store; it closed a few years back. Very odd in my opinion given I live in a college town. One by one though the multitude of ice cream parlors have closed down including some where they made their own ice cream right there in the store. I remember the dark chocolate ice cream one such venue made a few times a year and I made a special trip just to get it when it in stock.

It can be tricky to get something as cold as ice cream to really taste chocolaty but in my experience Ben & Jerry's does a decent job of it. So if you have one of their shops in your town, please go on Tuesday and get a free cone then reply to this post and tell me about so I can live vicariously through you as you live through me each Saturday Sacrament.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments