Make National Peanut Butter Lovers Day Unreal this Year

March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lovers Day; January 24th was National Peanut Butter Day. I was torn about which day we should share this featured review of Unreal Candy's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups but I went with today in the hopes that we had a lot of Valentine's Day treats to share with you are even at the end of January. A bag of these hold 8, individually wrapped cups but you can also buy these in a two cup sleeve in some grocery (like Kroger) and big discount stores (like Target). As you know I love dark chocolate but I'm also very fond of peanut butter, too. Several of my volunteer testers are also very fond of dark chocolate, they claim I've corrupted them so that they can't enjoy milk chocolate any more. But hey! We try all types of chocolate here and I try to be objective and honest about each type. Let's see how well Unreal did at creating a less junky candy treat. I received this bag to test, share, and write about from Unreal via the Tryazon program; no other form of compensation was received in exchange for this honest article.

Each cup is 1.5 inches across and 0.25 inches thick. It is fairly dark in color but not as dark as the bag suggests when against a red background. Each cup is wrapped in a silver wrapper with the "UNREAL" name in red. Each piece has 80 calories made of 50% fair trade certified ingredients including some organic ingredients. Obviously it contains both chocolate and peanuts if those are allergy concerns for you but also sunflower and coconut derived ingredients. The cup has a very strong chocolate scent to it and it immediately starts to melts in my fingers. It makes a soft crunch as I take a bite and a softer sound as I chew it. The initial flavor is a slightly bitter chocolate then intensely roasted flavored peanuts and a hint of sweetness. The peanut butter is thick but still creamy, not sweet at all, really just that roasted flavor with a touch of sweetness that does not distract in any way. The chocolate is the dominant flavor here as I would like it to be but the peanut butter never goes away.

Overall this product earns Sacrament status for the ingredients and the basic philosophy behind making it. You do need to love both peanut butter and darker chocolate and I do so I love these. My testers liked this one a lot but sadly there was only enough for each of us to try one. Remember: Use chocoolate with Purpose and in Moderation. What about you, reader? Have you tried these? What did you think? If you haven't tried them, is this a type of peanut butter cup you'd be interested and trying out?

Comments