The Best Chocolate Cake You Ever Had

Today is National Chocolate Cake Day, January 27th.

Some restaurants out there (I won't damage their reputations by naming them) were claiming it was yesterday but no, it is today. In honor of that I made this Immaculate Chocolate Cake with Pamela's Dark Chocolate Frosting. I bought both on sale and with coupons plus I got the full price of the cake back from Immaculate Baking Co. I made them with light butter and skim milk, saving over 60 calories per slice but we liked them a lot. This was important because next week my husband has surgery and he won't be able to eat any solid food for a full week. I wanted to treat him and he loved this.

I don't have a photo of the best chocolate cake I ever had. Sadly I've lost the recipe but I can tell you about it.

The Best Chocolate Cake I ever had was a dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. It was a two-layer round cake and had had a crunchy candy like layer between the two cake layers. You added more of the crunchy candy on top of the frosting. I think my mother found it on a box mix so if anyone out there has an idea, let me know if you have this recipe.

So now for you to do more than just read, Sister and Brother Chocolate Lovers. Leave a comment and tell me about the best chocolate cake you ever had.

Comments

Emilie said…
Wow, just looking at that picture makes my mouth water!
Thank you but this cake I made for yesterday paled in comparison to the one I described... I wish I could find that recipe but my mother is dead so I can't ask her.