Dark Chocolate Gift from Dallas

Your Chocolate Priestess gets gifts of chocolate from friends and family from time to time and in August I was introduced to the shop Dude, Sweet Chocolate by a friend who was visiting her family in Texas.  She gave me two of their products which are always dark chocolate then she helped me eat them along with a couple of others so I could practice Moderation, one of the hallmarks of our blog.

The Holiday in Cambodia Chocolate Bar was nearly perfect in my opinion.  The combination of dark chocolate, cocoa butter, black sesame, palm sugar, and balsamic powder created a unique flavor and texture that I found personally quite appealing.  This is a bar I could have easily eaten all of over the course of 2-3 days but I'm very glad I could share it.


The Soft Chocolate Toffee with Smoked Tomato Jam was utterly unique and I would have never guessed it was made from 72% chocolate  and tomato jam. The flavors blends so well, the sweet of the tomato highlighting yet calming the bitterness of the chocolate.  The texture was jelly like though the pieces seemed like huge chunks of fudge.  It didn't taste like fudge, it was entirely unique in every way and a pleasure to eat.

I really appreciate my friend getting these two gifts for me.  Perhaps we'll be able to do a feature article on the company in the future.  What do you think? Should Dude, Sweet Chocolate become part of The Chocolate Cult family of features?

Comments

elizabeth said…
Wow, both flavors sound so cool! I'm especially intrigued by the tomato jam. Tomatoes and chocolate are good together in a savory dish (like enchiladas), so it makes sense that they would be good in a sweet one.
These were nice gifts to get and share.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Elizabeth.