Crunch Bunny 2012

Easter is fast approaching and while it is too late to order fancier gifts without paying a hefty fee, you may still be able to find treats at big stores in your area.  We've looked at a few of these all ready so I want to end this year's Easter reviews with a big bunny from a well-known mass chocolate maker in the world: Nestlé.  I'm talking about their Crunch bunny that I hope you can because I pre-wrote this review last Easter and have been saving for right now.

This is a solid milk chocolate bunny with crisp rice in it like the Crunch candy bar that Nestlé makes.  I grew up loving these candy bars so I'm pleased to see this is made with primarily natural ingredients though the entire bunny we'll be looking at has a total of 630 calories made from 18g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 3g fiber, 72g sugars (holy moly!) and 6g protein.  That's in one 4.5oz bunny!  Remember moderation if you can and think about sharing this or eating a bit over a few days.

The bunny is adorable once I can get it out of the box and out of the plastic molding that holds it very tightly.  He has a big grin, a floppy ear, and is cradling a basket with a chick inside of it. This is over a chocolate base section so it is not fully three dimensional figure.  The chocolate has a strong vanilla and rice scent over the cocoa itself.  From the tip of the ear to the base, it measures 6.25 inches by 2.5 inches at it's widest section with a thickness of 7/8th of an inch.  I nibble off a bit of the ear to let you know how it tastes but there is no way I'm eating this entire thing; it goes in the Easter box to be shared among close friends and family.  Much like I remember the candy bars, the chocolate here is very sugary and the rice makes each chew crunch slightly.  The cocoa buzz potential here is very low and with so much sugar you'd be hard pressed to feel it next to that rush.

In my memories, Crunch was a favorite but in my continued following of our Path I have to say that I really, really want less sugar and more plain chocolate in this bunny to make it worth my money and my body.  Think about that, Sisters and Brothers, before you ever buy chocolate.  Will this give you what you are looking for?

Comments

I love the crunch bar texture - looks like this cute lil bunny will be DEVOURED :D
Thanks for the tip!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru
Thanks for reading and commenting, Choc Chip Uru, let me know if you find this in your local stores.