Chocolate Rose Soap for the Holidays

It wasn't look ago that we looked at some of the soap from Fullmoon but for the holidays they have another chocolate soap they asked us to reveal to you all.  Until the previous soap we featured this Chocolate Rose soap is a seasonal product which means you can only order it for a limited time or you might be able to find the Fullmoon ladies at Winter Market in Bloomington, Indiana.  This bar to the right in our photo was larger than the previous bar we reviewed so as I write this feature for you today, Sisters and Brothers, I'm still using the soap in my shower.  It is made with all natural ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, raw milk, shea butter, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, cocoa nibs (that's three levels of chocolate!) and essential oils of almond, rose geranium, and vanilla.  If you are allergic to any of these ingredients you may get a skin reaction so be aware of that.  I have very sensitive skin but I'm not allergic to anything and I have had not problems with either this soap or the previous cocoa nib soap.

This photo shows you more of what the bar looks like after you first unwrap it. On one side are several rose geranium petals and this side has a stronger rose scent to it.  There is also a very strong cocoa and milk scent as well.  Both the cocoa and the milk came out more as I used the bar though it does not seem to have left me smelling like cocoa.  That might be a good thing because I'm not sure I want to be enticing enough to be bitten like a big truffle.  The nibs are noticeable as you use it, some of them are fairly large but most are tiny and add a bit of texture to the bar and on your skin with scratching.  It suds up very well especially once I was able to use both hands a bit more in the shower.  (As some of you may recall, I was injured and I'm in occupational therapy now to get back full use of my left arm; I'm typing only at 10 minute periods instead of my normal 90-120 minute blocks.)   While it has a pleasant cocoa scent it is not enticing for me at least in terms of being attracted to it like a piece of chocolate. I'd recommend keeping this an an adult use soap just in case.  I don't think there's anything in this to hurt anyone but when I accidentally got some of the suds in my mouth one day, yuck!  It rinses off very, very well, and left my skin feel both clean and moist, a challenge when the weather turns colder for me as I sure may be the case for many of you.  Since using it I have noticed that I have not needed lotion for my skin.  This Chocolate Rose Soap is great!

For being a small, woman-owned business that uses fresh ingredients and several form of cacao in their products, we have to say that Fullmoon gets a thumbs up as a worth Sacrament for all of us on The Chocolate Cult.  Check out their website please and if you are attending any fairs or farmers' markets in January and February in South Central Indiana, try to find them before they stop making this fun and safe soap.  I know they will be at our local Winter Market but they may be in other locations as well so drop them an email to find out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This looks amazing, I think that if I would get it for myself knowing me I would probably put it on a shelf instead of actually using it! :) Wishing you all the best!
*smile* It smells better as you use it but I agree that it looks lovely when you first unwrap it. The petal fall off after a few uses.
Love the idea of using this. I have tried my hand at making home made soaps before but it's a bit too much of a process for me so I enjoy finding good ones online.
Having tried two of their chocolate soaps, I can speculate that the Fullmoon soaps in general are good one, Janet.