Aunt Millie's Muffins

Today is "National Muffin Day" Sisters and Brothers.  Here in The Chocolate Cult, you know this means muffins with chocolate or cocoa, something from our Sacred Substance.  Before I reveal two varieties I found from Aunt Millie's, I want to remind you all that this contest which ends Friday morning still needs entries.  Such a generous gift from a company -- three prizes -- deserves a lot of attention from us.  Here is the LINK to it, share it with everyone you know.

Now on to the muffins. 










Aunt Millie's a mass producer of bread products and in the last year I've seen that they've increased their product line to include muffins.  I bought these at my nearby Marsh with a coupon when they were on sale earlier this summer.  Let me tell you, they were much better than I had hoped for this type of product but still not as good as homemade or bakery fresh muffins.

The first type are the "Chocolate Chip Muffins" which comes in a 11.25oz box and includes 6 muffins individually wrapped.  These are made with high quality milk chocolate chips that include both cocoa butter and chocolate liquor.  It also has wheat, milk, soy and eggs in case you have allergies to any of these.  Each muffin is 190 calories made up of 2.5g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 30mg potassium, 2.5g fiber, 3g protein and six vitamins and minerals. 

The "Brownie Muffins" also came in 6 muffin pack but these are slightly larger with the entire box weighing in at 13.5oz.  More muffin means more calories and these come in at 220 calories per.  That includes 2g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 155mg potassium, 1.5g fiber, 3g protein and seven vitamins and minerals.  Nutritionally it's arguable that these are slightly better over all but in terms of the amount of chocolate, these are definitely better with their dark cocoa.

If I had a coupon and these were on sale, I'd certainly consider buying these again. 

Comments