Speedy Chocolate Chip Cookies

On our recent trip, your Chocolate Priestess, tried a cookie from a Speedway.  Now, she knows what you are thinking: "How could you possibly buy from a convenience store when you get all these amazing chocolates?"  Traveling entices us to eat things we probably shouldn't though over all I think I did a great job of keeping to our Path or Moderation and Purposefulness.  I never had anything chocolate that I didn't take notes on or take photos of for you, Sisters and Brothers.

The chocolate chip cookie came two to a pack in these little paper and plastic sleeves.  As you can see it cost $1 which, considering the Milk Chocolate Acolyte spent over that to get three donuts as we were driving, seemed like a good deal to me.  The signs promised still warm, fresh cookies and we bought this at around Noon on a Tuesday. Those are the Milk Chocolate Acolyte's hands by the way in the photo; doesn't he have nice hands?

The cookies were as advertised.  They were still warm and fresh, the chips were partly melted and melted the entire way in my mouth. They had a good semi-sweet taste to them and blended well with the cookie itself. Not a particularly low-fat treat but I've certainly had much worse in my life and given these were portion controlled, it was easy to stay moderate with them.  If I were on a long driving trip again, I'd certainly consider buying these again.

Sisters and Brothers, may you, too, take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments

mavido79 said…
Yes, the MCAcolyte has great looking hands. I tend to buy a lot of gasoline from Speedway so next time I'm there I'll have to try their cookies. Glad to hear that they're up to snuff.