Chocolate Theme Parks

Hopefully, Sisters and Brothers, you've seen the news now that there is a new chocolate theme park which opened in Beijing, China.  This over 200,000 square feet exhibit in three temperature and moisture controlled halls includes art such as a replica of the Great Wall and copies of Qin Shihuang's (China’s first emperor) famous terra cotta warriors made in chocolate as well as displays and demonstrations about making chocolate.


This got your Chocolate Priestess thinking about other theme parks and chocolate.  Earlier this week I provided some links to some museums around the world dedicated to the Sacred Substance so let's see what I can find in terms of theme parks.


There is, of course, Hersheypark in Hershey, Pennsylvania, which I've been to many, many years ago.  As I recall there were a few different parts to it.  One was an amusement park with roller coasters and rides.  Another part was a trip through a mock up of their factory which ended in a huge room with tons of Hershey products you could buy for wholesale prices.  This was back before I was on the Path and I'll tell you what we bought didn't last long between my parents and I.  

But this is very focused on one company's products so not really in line with what opened in Beijing.  Are there any theme parks or amusement parks more like the one there?


Some of the museums I linked to before have amusement like displays so I think they are early examples of this chocolate theme park idea.  But I can't find another that compares in scoop or subject.


According to my map which tracks where my readers are dialing in from, I see some readers in Asia but none as close as China.  If anyone should know someone in China who has visited this theme park and who has decent English, I'd love to read their thoughts on the place and I bet you would as well, Sisters and Brothers.


Tomorrow will be another "Saturday Sacrament" and it will be a product I've never heard of before so I'm looking forward to learning more about it and sharing my experience with you in all five senses.  Remember Valentine's Day is approaching fast so keep checking in frequently this coming week and next Saturday for several sacramental specials as well as coupon offers for chocolate to give to your loved ones.


Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments