Entenmann's Chocolate Chip Cereal Bars Are Cookies!


Sisters and Brothers, as you hopefully remember, your Chocolate Priestess has reveal other Entenmann's products in the past.  While these tend to be more expensive than othe mass produced baked goods, I think they do have a bit more to offer chocolate lovers.  I saw this cereal bar in my local grocery store and decided to give it a try.  Basically $2 for 8 bars or 8 servings isn't a bad price at all compared to many cereal bars on the market today.  Each serving has 130 calories, 2g saturated fat, >5 mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 2g fiber, 12g sugars, 1g protein, and eight vitamins and minerals ranging between 8-25% of an adult's daily needs.


The bar measures 4 X 1.5 X 0.5 inches and looks a lot like a bar form of the traditional chocolate chip cookie my mother used to make.  The bar in fact also smells exactly like those cookies did.  I can see the chocolate chips in the tan bar and when I bite into it I taste those chips like I did in the cookies -- chocolate secondary to the grains and sugars.  In this case the grains are listed as whole grain though how much is not on the label.

Ultimately these reminded me of chocolate chip cookies and probably are about the same nutritional value if you used whole wheat flours to make them.  I wouldn't call this a cereal bar at all but a snack bar or cookie bar myself.  If it sounds good to you, check them out. At a quarter a piece, they aren't much to risk.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments