Delightful Mini Baked Goods


Yesterday your Chocolate Priestess went out with a friend for lunch and to talk.  This friend had to miss my 40th birthday bash, which you may remember, Sisters and Brothers, was just last month.  All he told me was that he had some chocolate for me but I was surprised to see this box from Angel B's Galleria of Cakes, a local bakery here in Bloomington, Indiana.  The stains on the box are a result of my carrying them home but they were so well packed that they didn't lose much in terms of their design which you can see below.


He gave me five of their little cakes.  The two cube ones tasted like a vanilla and a lemon cake covered on five of the six side with chocolate; both were very good.  The round one with some missing chocolate was a cheesecake that was very rich.  The other round one whose edges are covered in nuts tasted a lot like a hazelnut-chocolate mousse in side topped by two wafer cookies.  The biggest slice was a very decadent solid chocolate that tasted like a combination of mousse or cheesecake and fudge.  Obivously in terms of chocolate that last one stood out among the five but all of them were very tasty.

I haven't visited Angel B's yet, it's across town and fairly new to the local market.  Perhaps they will invite me to their store some time to give an interview so I can reveal more of them to you all.  If you have local bakeries where you live, check them out to see if they offers small desserts.  Most bakeries focus on their custom made cakes for events but some offer daily treats so you can sample their work.  As long as you do this in moderation and for a reason, like to celebrate a small victory in your life or as a gift like my friend K did, then you are enjoying the Sacred Substance wonderfully.  Thank you, K, for bringing this bakery to my attention and for making my 40th birthday a bit sweeter and longer lasting.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments