Chocolaty Birthday

Your Chocolate Priestess had a great 40th birthday weekend full of, guess what, Sisters and Brothers, Chocolate but not necessarily in the forms you might think.


First there were these dark chocolate brownies created and then decorated by two of the Acolytes.  No recipe to share here, just Duncan Hines dark chocolate brownie mix but spread out more thinnly than normal in two pans of two different shapes.  The designs were in honor of my birth year and a great deal of planning was put into it though I wasn't allowed to see it until the day of the big Bash.


Then I did get other chocolates from several of my friends.  This included bars from Vosages, Valor, Dagoba, Guylian, Petit Écolier, Emily's (whose products were a Sacrament back in May), and Taza.  This gifts ranged from bars to cookies to dipped fruits and I will be reviewing them all in future posts so keep reading or voice an opinion about what you'd like me to review next.


While I'm looking forward to trying all that chocolate and sharing the experiences with you, I also got a lot of chocolate related gifts that were books or other things. The White Chocolate Acolyte gave me the movie "Chocolat" from 2000 starring Juliette Binoche, Judi Dench, and Johnny Depp.   My in-laws sent me this huge book called "The Essence of Chocolate" that is part history, part company information and part recipe collection.  The Milk Chocolate Acolyte gave me three chocolate books: "Chocolate: the consuming passion," "The True History of Chocolate" and "Chocolate Fads, Folklore & Fantasies".  Some great friends gave me "Chocolate Smarts" which is a card quiz game.  I'll review all of these in future Revelations. 

Thank you everyone for wishing me a good birthday.  Tomorrow I'm going to reveal a pretty cool candy shop in my local mall to you all.  Remember to go back and check on the announcement about our First Official Chocolate Cult Pilgrimage in November.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.
 

Comments