Lake Champlain Chocolates Minis

When your Chocolate Priestess went to purchase supplies for the Sacred Tasting Trial, she went to a local chocolate shop in Bloomington, Indiana, called The Chocolate Emporium. They are a retailer which sells products from several different chocolatiers including bars from Lake Champlain Chocolates. Given that I was spending a good deal on the coconut chocolate pieces all ready, I found four pieces of the LCC minis at 75¢ each which I'd like to reveal to you today.

The four 1 inch squares I bought include a 34% cocoa content milk chocolate, a 38% cocoa milk, sea salt, and almonds piece, a 55% cocoa dark chocolate, and a 55% Aztec dark chocolate. The pieces as you can see to the left differ in color based on the amount of pure cocoa they include.

These minis are certified organic products by the QAI or the Quality Assurance International which tests products to make sure they meet certain legal standards to be labeled "organic". This label may be very important to some of you, Sisters and Brothers, so I wanted to mentioned it clearly and provide you with information about this particular program.

My favorite of these four minis was the 55% dark chocolate which had a good bitter start and enough cocoa to create a buzz by the second bite and yet also had a creamy taste. Of course, as I've discussed before the health benefits of dark chocolate only start at 80% so while this may be a great tasting, it isn't particularly healthy for you.

My second favorite piece was the 34% milk chocolate which reminded me of the Easter bunnies I used to get in the spring when I was a child before everything had to start adding wax to the ingredients list.

The other two types suffered from the extra flavors overwhelming the chocolate itself. In the other milk chocolate piece the salt really lingered on crushing both the nutty and creamy essences. The spices, cayenne pepper and cinnamon, of the Aztec also overwhelmed the dark cocoa and the sunflowers in that piece. If you like those flavors, these are great choices but if you want the chocolate first and foremost, I was disappointed.

The Chocolate Emporium is located not far from the downtown square in Bloomington, Indiana. Please note that they no longer has a website, they are a walk in business only now. This is what their store front looks like, it is much deeper inside than this photo reveals. Next time I go back, I'll take a photo of the inside and hopefully get one of the store owners to talk to me more.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Remember today is your last chance to vote for our Chocolate Coconut Acolyte so look at their essays from Tuesday then go the upper left hand side and make your opinion count. Voting is completely secret so no one, not even your Chocolate Priestess will know who voted for which Postulant.

Comments