Quaker Mini Delights

Quaker has a relatively new product called "Mini Delights: Chocolatey Drizzle" that your Chocolate Priestess has a free sample of. So I thought I'd give it a try and reveal it's quality to you.

The first thing to note is that this one serving bag is 0.70 ounces and it contains 90 calories. Doesn't seem like much however a third, 1/3, of those calories come from saturated fat or about 16% of the fat you should consume in a 2000 calories diet. It has no cholesterol but 85mg of sodium, 1g fiber, 6g sugars, and 1g protein.

What do you get in package of delights? I got 18 1in pieces of rice cake like discs with chocolate drizzled on one side. That isn't too bad if you just want a light snack I think though I'm having this as part of my lunch.

What do they taste like? If you put the chocolate side down on your tongue you can taste the chocolate, a sort of waxing not very cocoa intense taste. If you put it rice side down... blah, not much taste at all.

Overall if you like the rice cakes products from Quaker Oats and you like a hint of chocolate, you might like these. But the amount of saturated fat really concerns me because I want the best of you, Sisters and Brothers. Personally I'd go with one of the fiber bars I've looked at previously on The Chocolate Cult.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments