Mini Indulgence at Lennie's

Last night, your Chocolate Priestess, her family and in-laws went to a local Bloomington, Indiana, restaurant called Lennie's. At the end of a great pizza I had one of their "Mini-Indulgences" which are desserts in shot glasses for $2.25. They had five flavors to choose from last night, the flavors change, and I took the chocolate mousse which I will now reveal to you below.

This was a three-layer dessert. The bottom and top layer was a thick yet fluffy, very chocolaty mousse and delivered an immediate cocoa buzz. The middle layer was a thin ganache that was a bit tough and some of my mousse flew when I first tried to dig some of that midsection up. Don't worry, I saved it. It was topped with a big dollop of ganache with white chocolate flakes as decoration.

Because it was so rich and had such a great buzz from the cocoa content, I ate this small dessert slowly. Frankly I didn't need or want more because it was that good. At it's price I think it's an excellent choice for one person to have. These are big shot glasses so don't think these are too small, there were at least a dozen spoonfuls here. My father-in-law had the key lime flavor and he seemed pleased by it but alas it is not a chocolate so I cannot comment.

The late spring and summer time is the best time to go to Lennie's because you have a lot fewer students to compete with for seating though it was still nice crowd from the 7:30-9pm time we were there. Of course less competition for seating means more chocolate choices for you.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments